„I would like to have a safe environment where I could talk about my worries and troubles with people who deal with similar problems...“
Group therapy typically consists of two psychologists with a small group of clients. In group work, we focus on interpersonal processes and problem-solving, whilst ensuring strict confidentiality and anonymity.
The principles of group therapy
The therapy group offers clients the opportunity to understand better themselves and consequently their relationships and encounter various demanding life situations. This process works due the therapist’s direct professional intervention but also as an effect of the present group dynamics, such as relations created within the group.
A well-guided therapy group is a place where members can feel secure and learn new patterns of behaviour through their experiences in the group communicating with other people who face similar life situations.
Clients often feel reassured and comforted by realizing the fact that other people experience similar trials in their everyday life.
Group therapy is meant to be both - giving and receiving experience. Clients have the opportunity to share and provide their support by listening, but they also receive feedback from the rest of the group members. This process eliminates the feeling of being isolated.
Group Psychotherapy in Adicare
- The ADICARE Centre group psychotherapy has been designed for foreigners living in Prague region.
- The theoretical specialisation of our groups is based on cognitive-behavioural and existential psychology.
- The group therapy is guided by PhDr. Liana Bala, PhD. and other experienced psychotherapists.
- Group Psychotherapy in English language takes place at: Pod Altánem 99/103, Praha 10 – Strašnice.
- We meet each Wednesday from 18:00 to 19:40.
- Price for one therapy hour (50 minutes) is 400,-CZK.
If you are interested in joining us Email to make a reservation at: email@example.com writing your full name and telephone number (eventually suitable time for calling).
We will write or call you back to make an appointment for the initial interview. During this introduction session the reasons for joining the group therapy will be discussed and principles of therapeutical methods will be explained. You will meet the head of the therapy group, PhDr. Liana Bala, PhD. to get acquainted with the environment and philosophy of our centre.
The Adicare team look forward to be your guides through your new life experience!